Craig Simms is the CEO and founder of Amplify Consulting Services. He advises executives and middle managers on the importance of building a trauma-informed workplace and its impact on employees and the bottom line.
A trauma-informed workplace borrows from trauma-informed care practices in the public health sector allowing leaders and organizations to offer resources that help employees work through the traumas they bring into the workplace.
What you will learn …
- What a trauma-informed workplace really means
- What trauma is and how it can show up in the workplace
- Why it’s important, as a leader, to deepen your awareness of trauma and how to access available resources
- The critical mental shift from “what’s wrong with you” to “what happened to you”
- How to meet employees and workers where they are and listen from a deeper level while being cognizant of those factors that can be re-traumatizing
Resources mentioned in episode:
What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing by Bruce D. Perry and Oprah Winfrey